Layton, UT – Slow Cooker Exploded Caused Second-Degree BurnsUtah Legal News
Layton, UT (February 15, 2019) – A Layton woman spoke out, letting others know the dangers associated with slow cookers. Tennielle Benally used her slow cooker at least once a week for five years without any issues. On Friday, Benally was in the kitchen when her slow cooker exploded. A loud “boom” and explosion caused Benally to suffer second-degree burns on 12% of her body.
The force of the explosion caused Benally to fly back across the room and suffer serious burns. Her family reports that her skin was “melting” off her body from the incident. Banally was initially transported to Davis Hospital for treatment but was later sent to University of Utah Burn Center in Salt Lake due to the severity of her burns. Benally has around two months of recovery ahead of her and does not have full use of her hands yet due to nerve damage.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Benally and her family through this difficult time. We hope she receives the medical attention necessary to alleviate the pain she experienced and make a full recovery.
Burns From Defective Products In Utah
Burns are often painful, both physically and mentally. Individuals who sustain burns often deal with excruciating pain and mental anguish. Sometimes, burns result in permanent impairments that can make it nearly impossible to regain a sense of normalcy.
What makes matters worse is when individuals sustain burns due to defective products. Consumers often purchase items with the expectations that they are going to perform as intended. When they do not work properly, accidents and injuries occur. If you are injured by a defective product, you may be able to obtain compensation to help with medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Contact Siegfried & Jensen at (801) 598-1218 to schedule a free consultation. We will evaluate your case and explore the legal options available to you.