(Last Updated July 30, 2012)
Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
At the time of your registration, S&J collects certain personal information (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring website addresses).
Third Party Vendors
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
S&J collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- 1. To understand customer needs regarding S&J’s services.
- 2. To communicate with customers and site visitors when necessary.
- 3. To allow customers to access limited-entry areas of S&J’s site.
- 4. To personalize some of our services and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from S&J and third parties.
- 5. To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request.
- 6. To respond to a legitimate claim or to address our reasonable belief that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the S&J site or any S&J service.
- 7. To protect the services, products, or rights of S&J, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the S&J site.
- 8. To identify and resolve technical problems concerning S&J’s site, products, and services.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the identified purposes. We will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
S&J limits its collection of personal information to only information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes. S&J does not direct its site to collect, nor does it knowingly collect, any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the S&J website, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the S&J site previously. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from the S&J website, you may not be able to view all the text on the screens or to experience a personalized visit or to subscribe to certain service and product offerings on the S&J site.
Disclosure, Processing, and Retention
S&J does not sell, rent, or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- 1. To someone you have designated to act as your agent for one or more of the identified purposes (listed in Section 2, above).
- 2. A very limited amount, and in very few cases, to S&J’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers, and agents, acting on S&J’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes.
- 3. As necessary if S&J has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with S&J’s rights or property, other users of S&J’s website, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- 4. To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that S&J or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country in which S&J or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. By using this website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (i.e., if you request to be removed from our database), S&J will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove S&J’s compliance with any applicable law.
Accuracy of Personal Information
S&J will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing S&J about changes to their personal information. S&J will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
S&J will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
Access to Personal Information
S&J will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by writing to:
5664 S Green Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84123