What you need to know about medical malpractice
Common prescription errors include:
- Confusing similarly named drugs
- Ignoring medication allergies
- Failure to consider the patient’s weight and age
- Failure to obtain complete patient information
- Failure to stay current on drug warnings
- Failure to communicate drug prescriptions accurately (including through poor handwriting)
- Failure to label medication properly
- Misusing abbreviations, zeroes, and decimal points in prescriptions
- Prescribing too much of a medication.
What you need to know about prescription errors
Malpractice cases can be complex, requiring specialized legal and medical expertise to prove the healthcare provider’s liability. Victims of medication mistakes have a right to monetary compensation (a settlement) for medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, diminished earning capacity, lost income, and other costs and losses. Holding wrongdoers accountable helps raise the standard of care for everyone.
If you’ve been injured as a result of medication errors, talk to us immediately. If you wait beyond the “statute of limitations”, you won’t be able to file a legal claim.
Finding the Right Utah Medical Malpractice Attorney For You
Count on Siegfried and Jensen’s experienced medical malpractice lawyers to fight for you.
If you’ve been injured as a result of medication errors, you should talk to a medical malpractice attorney immediately. Medical malpractice cases can be very complex, and it takes specialized legal and medical expertise to prove liability on the part of the healthcare provider. In addition, your claim must be filed within a certain period of time after the injury happened. If you wait beyond this “statute of limitations”, you will not be able to file a legal claim.
When you work with our experienced injury attorneys, you can expect the best:
- We’ll answer your questions and address your concerns throughout the entire process.
- We’ll pull together the information needed to build your case, including medical records, insurance policies, expert testimony, etc.
- We’ll make sure that everybody plays by the rules and treats you fairly.
- We’ll help you get what you need to rebuild your life and move forward.
If you or a loved one has been hurt by medical malpractice, contact Siegfried and Jensen today for a free, no pressure consultation or for more information.